Beloved children, the world has need of you, — and more as children than as men and women:
it needs your innocence, unselfishness, faithful affection, uncontaminated lives.
— Mary Baker Eddy
It’s time for the Mary Baker Eddy Library’s fourteenth annual One World program—a series of free art and cultural events targeted for children ages 4–12. Each Tuesday morning we’ll explore a different corner of the globe, with cultural activities from six different nations. Events include live performances, sing-alongs, arts and crafts, storytimes, face painting, and complimentary book giveaways—in addition to free admission to the Mapparium®.
Dates & Nations:
July 9: Vietnam
- Performance: Vietnamese Lion Dance, by the Worcester Youth Nian Dancers
- Art activities in collaboration with the Southeast Asian Coalition of Central Massachusetts
- Storytime: Vietnamese Children’s Favorite Stories, by Phuoc Thi Minh Tran
- Families and walk-ins are welcome and do not require registration.
- Groups of less than ten children do not require registration.
- To register groups of ten or more, contact Teddy Crecelius, Group Tour Coordinator, at [email protected].org or 617-450-7330.
- Due to the format of this program, attentive supervision by chaperones is essential. Please review our Chaperone Guide before visiting. We require one chaperone for every five children.
- All visiting chaperones, educators, and caregivers are expected to participate alongside children while the Library staff facilitates activities.
- All registration is on a first-come, first served basis. Spaces fill quickly and have limited pre-regisatration.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. However, group registration is for children only—lease do not include adults in your final registration count.
- Please cancel if your plans change. Timely cancellations allow us to make this educational opportunity available to other groups and families.
- Please indicate to our Visitor Services team, while signing in, whether you would like to participate on Groups on the Go—we will prepare a custom book bag your group. You may also choose to have the children in your group select their own books.
Visiting the Library
- All activities, including Mapparium self-guided tours, are free for everyone.
- The Mapparium will be open for self-guided tours; staff-lead tours will not be scheduled for the duration of this program.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early if you are planning to attend performances. This will ensure that we can accommodate every visitor.
- All performances begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Find driving and public transportation directions to the Library here.
- See our Directions & parking page for updated information on parking options.
- Free three-hour bus parking is available on Huntington Avenue westbound (State Route 9), adjacent to the Christian Science Plaza. Drop-off is at the 200 Massachusetts Avenue entrance.