One World 2020 (online!) — Information and Registration
Beloved children, the world has need of you, —
and more as children than as men and women:
it needs your innocence, unselfishness,
faithful affection, uncontaminated lives.
— Mary Baker Eddy
Dates: July 7, 14, 21, 28, and August 4, 11 (Tuesdays)
Where: Online only
Time: 10:00 a.m.–12:00 noon (Eastern)
Signup: See individual registration links below for each date
Replays: Available within a few days
It’s time for the Mary Baker Eddy Library’s 15th annual One World program—a series of free art and cultural events targeted for children ages 4–12.
This year’s program is designed for everyone to explore online— from homes, summer camp, or any place there’s a computer screen!
This exciting online program series will happen weekly over six Tuesday mornings. Together we’ll learn about a different corner of the globe, with cultural activities from Italy, Mali, Peru, Lebanon, Haiti, and Vietnam. Events include live performances, sing-alongs, arts and crafts, and storytimes.
Daily Introduction: “Big Blue Earth” Sing-along
Tune in each Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. EDT and help open the day’s program by participating in an interactive sing-along. We’ll sing the children’s song “Big Blue Earth,” which is usually featured in the Mapparium exhibit. In fact, “Big Blue Earth” originally inspired One World—the name comes from this line in the song: “I see you, you see me, all one world, one family.” This song teaches us about peace and how to care for our global family.
July 7: ITALY
- Italian-inspired arts and crafts (05:30). Click here to get art instructions for One World Italy.
- Commedia dell’Arte theatre performance, by Pazzi Lazzi (35:00)
- Storytime: All the Way to America: The Story of a Big Italian Family and a Little Shovel, by Dan Yaccarino. Presented by Bianca Renzoni. (01:20:00)
July 14: MALI
- 10:10 a.m.: Malian-inspired arts and crafts (02:30). Click here to get art instructions for One World Mali.
- 10:45a.m.: Performance: Malian drumming and dancing performance, presented by Joh Camara (39:30)
- 11:30 a.m.: Storytime: Malian folktales, presented by Len Cabral (01:28:00)
July 21: PERU
- 10:10 a.m.: Peruvian-inspired arts and crafts (04:10). Click here to get art instructions for One World Peru.
- 10:45 a.m.: Peruvian music and folk dance performance, by New Inca Son (39:30)
- 11:30 a.m.: Storytime: Peruvian folk stories, presented by Doris Hicks, and Peruvian songs, presented by the Aspilcueta family (01:27:25).
July 28: LEBANON
We will post a playback of One World Lebanon here soon. Please check back.