Schedule your group visit
Visit an amazing world and discover an extraordinary life, in the heart of Boston’s Fenway Cultural District! Our unique historical institution is one of Boston’s hidden treasures, which strives to engage and expand our visitors’ views of the world and their place in it.
We cater to educational groups (grades pre-K through college), youth camps, field trips, and afterschool programs, as well as private groups of adults and seniors. Groups of 15 or more should complete the form below. Reservations made at least two weeks in advance are preferred.
- Mapparium tours only
Tuesday–Sunday, 10:20 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
The Mapparium is available for view on a tour only. Tours of the Mapparium run every 20 minutes and last 15-20 minutes. There is a 20-25 person maximum capacity in each showing (depending on the date).
- Full guided Library tours
Tuesday–Saturday, 10:20 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
Guided tours of the Mapparium and the Publishing House Lobby last approximately 40 minutes.
If you would like to add an exhibit talk about Fervent Hearts Willing Hands, please add 20 minutes to your total visit and speak to a group tour coordinator to arrange your exhibit talk focus.
There is no extra charge for a full guided tour.
Group rates apply to fifteen visitors or more. No deposit is required at the time of reservation. Payment in full is required on the day of your visit. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, as well as cash and check are accepted payments.
- Tour Groups/General Admission— $4.00
- Seniors (62+), Students (with ID), and Youth (6-17) — $3.00
- Children 5 years and under — Free
- Chaperones (1 per 10 youth) — Free
- Download our 2018 Group Rate Sheet.
- Click here for parking information. Free 3-hour bus parking is available. Drop-off at Library entrance.
- Note: Due to construction, the entrance into our building from the Christian Science Plaza (through the bronze doors) is closed through October. Please use the 200 Massachusetts Avenue entrance.
The Research Room
This sunny area is perfect for small groups to eat their lunches or reflect on their Library visit. There’s always something new in this space, from the changing seasonal views outside to art pieces and Christmas lights inside.
‣ Seats 20 at tables.
Bring your brown bag lunch to our lounge, which offers vending machines with snacks, hot and cold drinks, and more. A microwave and sink is also available. Comfortable chairs and couches are arranged on the far side of the room, while the main room consists of over a dozen dining tables. Free WiFi is always available for visitors.
‣ Seats 60 at tables and 12 in soft seating.
The Library is located within walking distance to many Boston attractions. We are also partners with several tour groups and cultural organizations. (In order by distance from the Library.)