One World 2023
18th Annual One World—Mali, Mexico, Morocco, the Philippines
Celebrate the diverse cultures of four nations—without leaving Boston!
July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Join us to “visit” a different corner of the globe through live performances, arts and crafts, storytime, and free book giveaways. Includes free admission to How Do You See the World? + the MappariumTM stained-glass globe.
Portions of this program will take place outside during a self-guided multicultural experience on the Christian Science Plaza—please prepare to be outdoors. In the event of inclement weather, all activities will take place inside the Christian Science Publishing House.
Indoor self-guided activities:
- How Do You See the World? + the MappariumTM walkthrough
- “Global Adventures with The Christian Science Monitor“—a video presentation of kid-friendly news stories from around the world
- Choose a free book to take with you!
Outdoor self-guided activities:
- Live cultural performances from Mali, Mexico, Morocco, and the Philippines—a different country each week!
- Cultural arts and crafts
July 11: Mali
Celebrating Mali with Ammaya Dance and Drum
July 18: Mexico
Celebrating Mexico with Veronica Robles
July 25: Morocco
Celebrating Morocco with Soumaya MaRose
August 1: The Philippines
Celebrating the Philippines with Iskwelahang Pilipino
For groups of 10 or more, please register in advance at [email protected].
Directions and parking
- Find driving and public transportation directions to the Library.
- Limited $18 garage parking is available to Library visitors with ticket validation available at the Mapparium ticket desk.
- Garage is located at 235 Huntington Avenue.