Plan Your Visit
The Mary Baker Eddy Library
200 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Closed Saturday, July 4)
The Mapparium® is available for view on a tour only. Tours of the Mapparium run every 20 minutes, lasting 15-20 minutes. The first tour of the day starts at 10:20 a.m., and the last tour starts at 4:00 p.m.
- General Admission — $6.00
- Seniors (62+), Students (with ID), and Youth (6-17) — $4.00
- U.S. Military (with ID) and family — Free during the BlueStar Museum program (5/26/15 to 9/6/15)
- Children 5 years and under — Free
- Tour Groups (15 or more) — $4.00/General Admission, $3.00 Youth, Student, and Seniors.
For more information, see Group Visits.
The Library entrance is street accessible. Library exhibits are wheelchair accessible. Elevators are located in the Hall of Ideas and provide access to all spaces. The Library provides wheelchairs for use on a first-come, first-served basis, free of charge—please ask for assistance at reception. Companions for manual wheelchair users and for those who require assistance in reading wall text and/or object labels are admitted free of charge. Baby-changing stations are located in the Library’s second floor restroom. Assistive listening devices (headsets and neckloops) are available at the reception desk.
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day / January 1
- January 2 (Exhibits will be open)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / January 19
- Presidents’ Day / February 16
- Patriots’ Day / April 20
- Memorial Day / May 25
- Independence Day / July 4
- Labor Day / September 7
- Thanksgiving holiday / November 25 & 26
- Christmas holiday / December 24-26
Please call the Library for exact information, including operating hours, before visiting on a specific holiday.