Plan Your Visit
The Mary Baker Eddy Library
200 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Hours of Operation, Directions, Parking
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Closed Mondays and Holidays
Please note: our Massachusetts Avenue entrance will be closed through May 30. Please use the Christian Science Plaza entrance.
Research & Reference Services Hours
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
The First Saturday of February, May, August, and November.
Please note: our Massachusetts Avenue entrance will be closed through May 30. Please use the Christian Science Plaza entrance. A Visitor Services Associate in the lobby will provide you a badge for fourth floor access.
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be closed on the following dates:
- New Year’s Day / January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / January 18
- Presidents’ Day / February 15
- Patriots’ Day / April 18
- Memorial Day / May 30
- Independence Day / July 4
- Labor Day / September 5
- Thanksgiving holiday / November 24 & 25
- Christmas holiday / December 24–26
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be open on the following dates:
- Annual Meeting / June 6
- Columbus Day / October 10 (Opening Our Doors)
- New Year’s Eve/ December 31
Please call the Library for exact information, including operating hours, before visiting on a specific holiday.
- General Admission — $6.00
- Seniors (62+), Students & Military (with ID), and Youth (6-17) — $4.00
- Children 5 years and under — Free
- Tour Groups (15 or more) — $4.00/General Admission, $3.00 Youth, Student, and Seniors. For more information, see Group Visits.
The Mapparium® is available for view on a tour only. Tours of the Mapparium run every 20 minutes, lasting 15-20 minutes. The first tour of the day starts at 10:20 a.m., and the last tour starts at 4:00 p.m.
- Library entrances are street accessible. Until Tuesday, May 31, please use the Christian Science Plaza entrance.
- Library exhibits are wheelchair accessible. Elevators are located in the Publishing House Lobby and provide access to all spaces.
- The Library provides wheelchairs for use on a first-come, first-served basis, free of charge—please ask for assistance at reception.
- Companions for manual wheelchair users and for those who require assistance in reading wall text and/or object labels are admitted free of charge.
- Baby-changing stations are located in the Library’s second floor restroom.
- Assistive listening devices (headsets and neckloops) are available at the reception desk.