February 27 – March 9: Our exhibits—including the Mapparium— will be closed for cleaning and maintenance.
January 31 – May 22: Our Research Room won’t be open to visitors, but we can still assist online or by phone. Contact us.
Plan your visit
The Mary Baker Eddy Library
200 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Hours of Operation, Directions, Parking
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. (see below for Research hours)
Closed Mondays and Holidays
Please note: All our exhibits, including the Mapparium, will be closed from Monday, Febuary 27 through Thursday, March 9, for cleaning and maintenance.
Research & Reference Services Hours
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
The First Saturday of February, May, August, and November.
Please note: From January 31 through May 22, our fourth-floor Research Room will be closed to on-site visitors. However, we can still assist you by e-mail or phone. Contact us.
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be closed on the following dates:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Patriots’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving holiday/November 22-23
- Christmas holiday/December 24-25
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be open on the following dates:
- Annual Meeting of The Mother Church/June 5
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day/October 9
- Veterans Day/November 11
- Day after Thanksgiving/November 24
- New Year’s Eve/December 31
Please call the Library for exact information, including operating hours, before visiting on a specific holiday.
- General Admission — $6.00
- Seniors (62+), Students & Military (with ID), and Youth (6-17) — $4.00
- Children 5 years and under — Free
- Tour Groups (15 or more) — $4.00/General Admission, $3.00 Youth, Student, and Seniors. For more information, see Group Visits.
The Mapparium® is available for view on a tour only. Tours of the Mapparium run every 20 minutes, lasting 15-20 minutes. The first tour of the day starts at 10:20 a.m., and the last tour starts at 4:00 p.m.
- Library entrances are street accessible.
- Library exhibits are wheelchair accessible. Elevators are located in the Publishing House Lobby and provide access to all spaces.
- The Library provides wheelchairs for use on a first-come, first-served basis, free of charge—please ask for assistance at reception.
- Companions for manual wheelchair users and for those who require assistance in reading wall text and/or object labels are admitted free of charge.
- Baby-changing stations are located in the Library’s second floor restroom.
- Assistive listening devices (headsets and neckloops) are available at the reception desk.