Plan Your Visit
The Mary Baker Eddy Library
200 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Hours of Operation, Directions, Parking
Tuesday–Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note, the Library is
- open on Monday, October 12 (Columbus Day) for Opening Our Doors
- closed for renovations, Tuesday, November 3–Tuesday, November 17
Research & Reference Services Hours
Tuesday–Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Saturday–Monday, and holidays
Open 10 a.m.–4 p.m. on the First Saturday of February, May, and August.
Please note that R&RS will be closed on the first Saturday of November this year, due to Library renovations.
Holiday Hours & Closings
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be closed on the following dates:
- New Year’s Day / January 1
- January 2 (Exhibits will be open)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / January 19
- Presidents’ Day / February 16
- Patriots’ Day / April 20
- Memorial Day / May 25
- Independence Day / July 4
- Labor Day / September 7
- Renovations / November 3–17
- Thanksgiving holiday / November 25 & 26
- Christmas holiday / December 24–26
Please call the Library for exact information, including operating hours, before visiting on a specific holiday.
- General Admission — $6.00
- Seniors (62+), Students (with ID), and Youth (6-17) — $4.00
- U.S. Military (with ID) and family — Free during the BlueStar Museum program (5/26/15 to 9/6/15)
- Children 5 years and under — Free
- Tour Groups (15 or more) — $4.00/General Admission, $3.00 Youth, Student, and Seniors. For more information, see Group Visits.
The Mapparium® is available for view on a tour only. Tours of the Mapparium run every 20 minutes, lasting 15-20 minutes. The first tour of the day starts at 10:20 a.m., and the last tour starts at 4:00 p.m.
- The Library entrance is street accessible.
- Library exhibits are wheelchair accessible. Elevators are located in the Hall of Ideas and provide access to all spaces.
- The Library provides wheelchairs for use on a first-come, first-served basis, free of charge—please ask for assistance at reception.
- Companions for manual wheelchair users and for those who require assistance in reading wall text and/or object labels are admitted free of charge.
- Baby-changing stations are located in the Library’s second floor restroom.
- Assistive listening devices (headsets and neckloops) are available at the reception desk.