Plan your visit
Regular Hours of Operation, Directions, Parking
Yes, we’re open during construction.
Open seven days a week
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed holidays (see below for Research hours)
Monday – Thursday, noon – 4:00 p.m (first floor)
Tuesday – Wednesday, noon – 4:00 p.m. (fourth floor)
- For more information, click here.
- Access to the Archives & Special Collections is available by appointment.
- See our receptionist for badge access to the fourth floor.
The Mapparium® is available for view on a tour only. Tours take place seven days a week, running every 20 minutes and lasting 15-20 minutes. The first tour of the day starts at 10:20 a.m. The last tour starts at 4:40 p.m. Admission to each tour is on a first–
To see all of our available exhibits, click here.
- $6.00 — Adults
- $4.00 — Seniors (62+), Students (with ID), Youth (6-17), Military (with ID)
- Free — Children (0–5) and special needs assistants. For the duration of the current Federal Government shutdown, Federal employees and Federal contractors (plus one guest each) receive free Mapparium admission. Please present your ID before purchasing tickets.
Group Admission & Discounts
- $4.00 — General (15 or more)
- $3.00 — Kindergarten–College and Seniors (15 or more)
- $2.00 — EBT Card to Culture: Adults (up to two/card)
- Free — EBT Card to Culture: Youth (0-18), MTA members + guest, Title 1 Schools, and Chaperones (1 per 10 youths)
- Free — Blue Star Families (Military personnel and their families — between Labor Day and Memorial Day)
Educational Field Trips: Our educational programming introduces students to Mary Baker Eddy’s story, at the same time offering a platform for instruction in other disciplines that include history, geography, art, journalism, and literature.
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be closed on the following dates:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Patriots’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day/November 11
- Thanksgiving holiday/November 27-28
- Christmas holiday/December 24-25
The Mary Baker Eddy Library will be open on the following dates:
- Annual Meeting of The Mother Church/June 3
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day/October 14 (Research Room closed)
- Day after Thanksgiving/November 29 (Research Room closed)
- New Year’s Eve/December 31(Research Room closed)
Please call the Library for exact information, including operating hours, before visiting on a specific holiday.
- Library entrances are street accessible.
- Library exhibits are wheelchair accessible. Elevators are located in the Publishing House Lobby and provide access to all spaces.
- The Library provides wheelchairs for use on a first-come, first-served basis, free of charge—please ask for assistance at reception.
- Companions for manual wheelchair users and for those who require assistance in reading wall text and/or object labels are admitted free of charge.
- Baby-changing stations are located in the Library’s first floor restroom.
- Assistive listening devices (headsets and neckloops) are available at the reception desk.